Monday, July 19, 2010

A Day With Cassidy




Saturday Jonathan and I went out and bought a bunch of berries which we had found at a good price. So my plans for the day were to spend a quiet afternoon with him, and bake some delicious fruit deserts to enjoy.
But when a knock came at my door, and little six-year old, freckle faced Cassidy walked in with a big grin, I knew exactly what God's plan was.
We donned on our aprons [that's what real women do when they cook by-the-way], and began to get to work.
With flour covered faces, we baked, and ate half the ingredients before they even neared the mixing bowl [Cassidy loves berries we've discovered].
By the end of the day we had made twice baked potatoes, homemade bread, bruchetta, and a big berry shortcake.
Cassidy looked up with all grins licking her fingers and said, "I love your house, you know why?" I was shocked to hear her offer an explanation so I asked why. She said, "Because your house is pretty, and clean, and Jonathan paints pretty things all over your walls."
What a blessing!!!! Wow! My LIFE is beautiful, and THAT is what makes this home beautiful. The presence of my Holy Father, the heritage of a Godly family, and blessings of God's glorious gifts and abilities in Jonathan and I both, have made my home a haven for little six-year old girls who need Jesus.
Cassidy's mom came over to get her, and I left them with all we cooked to enjoy for dinner, and as they left, I sat down tired, happy, and FULL. I intended to bless little Cassidy with a fun time, and she blessed me with a revelation of the Lord's goodness to me.
And when I see this family come into a relationship with the Lord, my heart will burst forth with even MORE joy and gladness. I await this day in anticipation.


3 comments:

  1. SWEEEEET!!! ::smiling a mile:: God is SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassidy is so precious! I'm glad you had a great time together. :) I'm glad God has been giving you the chance to reach out to her family and plant seeds of his gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::sniffff::

    I love this post. I SO love this post...

    ReplyDelete