Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why Do I Do What I Do?


The Lord asked me last night "why do you do, what you do?"
At that question I began to relay in my mind all the possible reasons for, the "Party in the Park". 'Was it because I want to see the lost come to a saving knowledge of Christ? Or was it because I want honor among people for the "works" that I do?'
It is always good to question the motives of your heart. But here is the reality that removed ANY reason I could have had for taking credit for ANY good work that would flow forth from me:
Philippians 2:13- For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."
ALL good things come from God.... Every good thought comes from God!

Psa 16:2
I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."
So, know this... before you, or I or anyone we know attempts to receive praise for what "they" have done. Know that God gets all glory, because Apart form him, we can do nothing good.
This party is thought of and predestined by God, who by his kindness granted me and you my family, to see it brought forth!
Lets go forth knowing we are perfectly in the will of God this evening!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, what a great evening it was! And it has resulted in the SALVATION of one of your neighbors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Daughter, you are rocking that little corner of the Hundred Acre Wood. Keep it up. You are a true "Harvest Woman".

    ReplyDelete